The tools you have applied. (minimum of two) Such as a mapping, iceberg or resilience tool.
Groupwork with Tessel & Lotte To make all our problems more clear we make 2 different iceberg models with different events. The event: no physical contact with nature and a overstimulated nervous system. This was for us the most important 2 events were we wanted to do something with. After making the iceberg models we made a map network map with everything what is connected with each other. By doing this we came on a more concrete idea of what we wanted to do and create as group. In week 3 we also made a map of only all the nature spots in the environment of the academy. We use this for our app we made.
Work I did alone Before startiing with the group work I already tried to make 2 iceberg models for myself about subjects what I found interesting. People are getting easily more sick and the use of the mobile phone and social media. Approx. 200 words text or an audio file where you explain what you have learned about the context of your project, the different people or organisations that play a role and the relationships between them. Learning about the different systems as the complicated and complex system was for my a eyeopener and something were I never thought about. Our project leave the academy were we made an app with a green map of the surroundings of the academy, where you can select your feeling of that moment and the app shows you a route along nature what helps you to as example to unstress. Through more contact with nature and the various exercises, we want to improve the unhealthy moods. It was important that every different part (the app, the student, the AR, the nature points and the route) works with each other as a whole project and that you don’t see or mention the different parts. For my working with the iceberg model and strategy map really helps to dive deeper into a problem and find easily connections between the problems that we saw as group. As the overworked people nowadays and that the reason is that there isn’t a contact with nature anymore. We couldn’t fully apply every aspect of theory in our project as the economy part, but it is nice that I learned about the methods so I could apply it in further projects. With this project I focuses more on how to bring people to the nature to keep them healthy and how we could investigate in this for the future. The sources you have looked at (books, articles, documentaries, reference projects, scientific data, etc.)
1. Youtube video Happiness It seems difficult to escape from the ratrace. But actually it is not. Just leave the system once in a while.
2. Youtube video PROJECT WILD THING SNEAK PREVIEW - The Science of Nature Beautiful animation of the project 'Wild Thing' about the concern of greenness and health.
﷯
4. Groen is goed voor de gezondheid The sociologist Jolanda Maas obtained on a study into the effects of a green living environment on people's health and well-being. Conclusion: "people who live in a green environment not only feel healthier, they actually are. They go to the doctor less often and suffer less from depression, diabetes and lung diseases and recover more easily from stress than people who live in an environment with little greenery ".
5. Green cities good health The University van Washington has set up a knowledge base with information and research on the positive effects of nature. One of their conclusions: 'Places that incorporate or are located near nature can help remedy mental fatigue and restore one’s ability to focus on tasks. The result can be better performance in the work place and classroom. Additionally, nearby nature provides settings for play and experiential learning activities that promote children’s cognitive, social, and moral development.'
6. Beetje natuur grote invloed Physicist and science journalist Mark Mieras, in collaboration with nature organization IVN, has prepared a fact sheet on the influence of nature on the human brain on the basis of a literature study: “A little bit of green already appears to have a surprising amount of influence. Nature works as a "refuge hill" for the mind.
7. The world beyond your head: on becoming an individual in age of distraction. Book of Matthew B Crawford. We often complain about our fractured mental lives and feel beset by outside forces that destroy our focus and disrupt our peace of mind. Any defence against this, Crawford argues, requires that we reckon with the way attention sculpts the self.
8. The Workplace Is Killing People and Nobody Cares The book of Jeffrey Pfeffer shows how unhealthy our workplace is. Jeffrey Pfeffer: "I want to wake people up. This is a serious issue that has serious consequences for corporate performance and for people’s well-being. We should care about people’s psychological and physical health, not just about profits".
9. Chicago park district The Chicago Park District owns more than 8,800 acres of green space, making it the largest municipal park manager in the nation. The Chicago Park District’s more than 600 parks offer thousands of sports and physical activities as well as cultural and environmental programs for youth, adults, and seniors. From canoeing to soccer fields to arts and crafts, there is never a shortage of activities to participate in Chicago’s parks.
10. Rust in uitvoering Book and this article in the NRC of Alex Pang a plea to take more rest. More peace is smart! Overtime is the new normal, you rest when the work is finished - but the work is never finished. By resting more and purposefully you increase your productivity, you get more energy, a sharper look, and above all a better life.